Saturday 8 June 2013

Macaroni and Cheese Dog


Welcome to America. Yes, they have actually created a hot dog covered in macaroni and cheese. I've been wanting to try this for a long time, but never really brought myself to do it. As strange as it may seem, the two things go together very nicely. The mac & cheese is buttery and adds a great texture to the spicy hot dog. And I don't think they skimped out on either ingredient, as there is enough mac & cheese to be served proportionally with each bite of the hot dog. On top, there is a layer of bacon bits. Personally, I think the bacon was a bit much. It makes it really salty and kind of adds too much intensity to what is already an insanely hearty meal. I would love to try this with bread crumbs instead of bacon bits. But all in all, it's a really unique experience, and something I wish I had thought of. I hope I'm not crazy and that you all enjoy it too, if you managed to survive it. If a meteor is ever hurdling toward earth, I will spend my final hours at Disneyland, knocking these back until the inevitable heart attack.

Price: 7.19
Location: Refreshment Corner, Main Street USA

No comments:

Post a Comment