Tuesday 26 March 2013

Thunder Mountain Construction Update


I was able to drop by the park today and observe the progress on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. They've boarded up any trace of the ride from the entrance of Frontierland all the way to Fantasyland. Apparently, they're laying down new track to make the ride go more smoothly. I'd say it's about time. This ride is one of my favorites, and I'd imagine that the high speeds and frequent train cycles aren't too kind on those steel tracks. According to Erin Glover of the official Disney Parks Blog, some parts of the Rainbow Ridge Mining Town are being replaced, the originals sent to the Disney Archives. As long as they leave Rainbow Ridge right where it is, I'm happy.

So it appears that this construction won't be complete until autumn this year. It's a shame that we won't get to ride Big Thunder this summer, but I'm excited to see the changes that will be revealed this coming fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment